Before you book your test
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID (national identity card or passport for Malaysians, and passport only for non-Malaysians) at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test through our online registration system.
- Paper-based IELTS: VISA and MasterCard credit/debit card, FPX and Alipay are accepted.
- Computer-deliverd IELTS: only VISA and MasterCard credit/debit card are accepted.
IELTS test date confirmation
Once you have completed the booking process, you will receive a confirmation giving you the start time of your test and the venue address.
Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a 7 day window before or after your main test day. The test centre will send you a confirmation three (3) days before the Speaking Test date.
After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
Please check your email from time to time as all communications regarding IELTS test are through email only.