Choose how to take your IELTS test and book online
The British Council in Malaysia offers IELTS Academic, General Training and UK visas and immigration (UKVI) tests.
You can book your IELTS test with us online (and, where applicable, at one of our offices in Kuala Lumpur, The Curve Damansara and Penang). When you book with us, you can be certain that you will be taking your test at an official IELTS test centre.
To book your test you will need to:
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID (national identity card or passport for Malaysians, and passport only for non-Malaysians) at hand. Permanent Resident card / Red ID holders must register with a valid passport. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test through our online registration system.
- IELTS on Paper: VISA and MasterCard credit/debit card, Grab Pay and Alipay are accepted.
- IELTS on Computer: only VISA and MasterCard credit/debit card, Grab Pay and Alipay are accepted.
|Tests we offer||Fee||Available test dates|
IELTS Regular (Academic and General Training) - in centre (paper or computer)
|MYR 795||Find a test date and book now
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training) - in centre (paper or computer)||MYR 895||Find a test date and book now
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1) - in centre||MYR 792||Find a test date and book now
IELTS test date confirmation
Once you have completed the booking process, you will receive a confirmation giving you the start time of your test and the venue address.
Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a 7 day window before or after your main test day. The test centre will send you a confirmation three (3) days before the Speaking Test date.
After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
Please check your email from time to time as all communications regarding IELTS test are through email only.