British Council Society work delivers high-impact programmes to create positive and sustainable change for people and communities, across:
- equal opportunity and diversity
- access to education
- social cohesion and inclusion
- innovation in youth and social entrepreneurship
- active citizenship
How we work across society
Our programmes have a transformative effect on society, enhanced by our partnerships with UK, Malaysian and international organisations, including:
- ministries, government bodies and agencies
- higher education institutions (HEIs) and academics
- civil society organisations
- social entrepreneurs
- private sector businesses
UK and international collaboration
We use our connections, influence and insight to source and connect the right combination of UK and international experts and practitioners for our projects, maximising the impact on peoples’ lives. Working in synergy means we achieve more for society than we could alone.
We integrate experience and research from across East Asia to bring regional perspectives to finding solutions to society’s challenges, making them relevant to a wider audience.
Unique multi-disciplinary approach
Greater impact comes from the interplay of our arts, education and cultural activity and networks, creating a unique dynamism to how we deliver our society programmes.
Local and global connections
Our projects connect community challenges with the global concerns faced by all societies. This enables people to frame their ideas and experiences within a wider, shared context, inspiring them to act on issues that touch their daily lives, such as climate change, access to learning, culture or healthcare.
Society programmes in Malaysia
All Society programmes we lead are delivered with British and international collaboration.
- Global Social Enterprise Programme International partnerships to expand social investment and enterprise
- Active Citizens Helping to strengthen engagement in marginalised communities
- Premier Skills and Sports for All How we’ve used partnership to increase youth participation in sport