Covid-19 Update (28 April 2022):
British Council Malaysia is implementing revised safe management measures that are in line with the Malaysia government advisory to ensure the health and safety of all test takers, staff, and community at large. Our exam sessions will proceed in line with our exam policies and the latest SOP from the local authorities.
In alignment with the latest SOP, British Council Malaysia will implement the following adjustments from 1 May 2022:
- Mask-wearing: Mask-wearing will continue to be required in indoor settings, therefore it is mandatory for all test takers to wear your mask when you are in the test centre. Wearing of mask is now optional in outdoor settings. However, we encourage test takers to exercise precaution. For example, in crowded outdoor areas, it will still be a good idea to wear a mask.
- Safe distancing: Safe distancing will no longer be required between individuals.
- MySejahtera check-in and vaccination status: MySejahtera app check-in is no longer required and entry to the test centre is allowed regardless of vaccination status. But we will still be checking your Covid-19 risk status on the MySejahtera app. Those with ‘High Risk’ status or under Home Surveillance and Observation order (HSO) will not be allowed entry to the test centre.
- Capacity limits for IELTS on Computer: Previously IELTS on Computer tests were subject to a capacity limit of 50%. We will now remove this capacity limit for IELTS on Computer tests.
For more details on the country's latest Covid-19 updates and health protocol, please refer to Ministry of Health’s Covid-19 website at https://covid-19.moh.gov.my/
Test takers will not be allowed to take their tests under the following circumstances:
- Tested positive for Covid-19; or
- Under any stay-home/quarantine order issued according to local guidelines; or
- Unwell, having a high temperature, cough, breathing difficulty, or other flu-like symptoms.
For more information, please contact our customer service representatives.