You can choose to take your Aptis test via Aptis Remote or Aptis Regular based on your preference. Registration must be made online and places are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Aptis Remote – A remote proctored test where the test can be taken from home.
- Aptis Regular – A face-to-face test where the test will be held at the British Council Kuala Lumpur test centre.
What is Aptis Remote?
Your go-to test during this pandemic. You can now take your test from home with Aptis Remote!
Aptis Remote offers a safe and convenient way of secure testing. It combines the benefits of online testing with video monitoring to ensure a secure experience and reliable results. Aptis Remote has the same format, structure and timing as a standard Aptis test.
With the remote method, Aptis is delivered on the Janison Insights platform. Candidates will be monitored using test-tracking software, ProctorTrack, which they will need to download onto their computer before the test is taken.
Aptis Remote - how we ensure security
Before the test day, the candidate needs to verify their identity and do a face scan.
On the test day, ProctorTrack will carry out a final identity check, record a video of the candidate while taking the test and provide alerts on unusual activities which are reviewed after the test by our test administrators. These additional levels of security ensure accuracy of results with a fast turnaround.
- Pre-test setup and onboarding - Find out more about the whole process on how to take Aptis Remote and what you need to do.
- On the day of your test - On this page you will find information to help you understand what to expect on the day of your test and things you must remember to do.
- Aptis Remote FAQs - Want to know more? Read our frequently asked questions for further information.
Test date, fee and registration
|Test type||Test date||Fee||Book|
(remote proctored test)
26 Febuary 2022 (Saturday)
26 March 2022 (Saturday)
(held at the British Council Kuala Lumpur test centre)
|16 February 2022 (Wednesday)||MYR 208||Book now|
|16 March 2022 (Wednesday)||MYR 208||Book now|
Registration procedure and payment
Please follow the steps below for registration.
Step 1: Registration
Choose your preferred test date and register for the Aptis test. You will need to provide a valid contact details as registration without contact details will not be processed.
A notification email will be sent to you automatically after your submission.
Step 2: Take the test
For Aptis Regular, please bring the payment receipt and original ID document (IC for Malaysian and passport for non-Malaysian) to the test venue - British Council Kuala Lumpur Computer Lab, at Level 2, South Block, Wisma Golden Eagle Realty, 142C, Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Both payment receipt and original ID document are required for verification purposes.
As for Aptis Remote, please ensure you have your original ID document with you throughout your onboarding and test day for verification purposes.
A softcopy of your Aptis results will be sent to you via email two (2) days after completing the test. Please note that this electronic result is final and we will not provide a hardcopy certificate.
How do I prepare for the test?
Terms and conditions
- You understand and accept that the personal data submitted in your Aptis test registration is for the purpose of the Aptis test.
- Details provided in the registration web-form will be displayed in the Aptis Certificate. Please ensure that you enter the correct details as no amendment can be made upon submission of the registration web-form.
- Registration without payment will not be processed.
- British Council reserves the right to withhold your results and forfeit your registration fees if suspicious actions and/or behaviours are detected during test.
- It is your responsibility to check with your organisation, university, or educational institution that they accept and recognise Aptis test, before you book the test.
- You must complete the Aptis Remote pre-setup and onboarding processes according to the details shared in the onboarding email. You will not be allowed to sit for the actual test if the onboarding process is not completed within the given duration.
- Please note that no refund or rescheduling of your test if you have failed the pre-setup and onboarding processes without valid reasons.
- It is your responsibility to identify and have a suitable test environment and working equipment for the test.
- In the event you are unable to complete your Aptis Remote test due to technical issues, for example: unstable internet connection or equipment malfunction on test day, you are allowed to have one re-test only, on a later date, which we will schedule on behalf.
- In the event you are unable to complete your Aptis Remote test due to emergency situations before and/or during the test, you must contact British Council as soon as possible and provide the necessary details. A free test day transfer to a later date will be considered if the reasons are deemed genuine, please refer to our refund policy.
- You understand and will give your consent that Aptis Remote test to be recorded for remote proctoring and post-test review purposes.
- British Council takes all reasonable steps to provide continuity of service. Therefore, please understand that we cannot be held responsible for any interruptions caused by circumstances beyond our control. If examinations or results are disrupted, cancelled or delayed, every effort will be made to resume normal service as soon as possible. The British Council’s liability will be limited to the refund of the registration fee or re-testing at a later date.
- British Council reserves the right to change, postpone or bring forward any test session in the event that the test session is full or becomes unavailable.
Contact the Aptis team
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.