School Lab aims to help students understand and appreciate the exciting challenges of science, develop critical and creative thinking skills, as well as gaining the confidence and skills required to present and demonstrate their understanding of scientific concepts.
School Lab Malaysia 2018 is targeted at lower secondary school students (Form 1-3) under the purview of the Ministry of Education Malaysia. This science communication competition is a collaboration between British Council in Malaysia and Ministry of Education Malaysia, jointly supported by Malaysian Industry-Government Group for High Technology (MIGHT) and Kuala Lumpur Engineering Science Fair (KLESF).
The School Lab Malaysia 2018 Finalists were:
- Ababo, SMK Mutiara (Labuan) - Winner
- Alpha Team, SMK Tamparuli (Sabah) – First Runner-up
- Nephelium Lappaceum, SMK Datuk Bendahara (Melaka) – Second Runner-up
- The Percaution, SMK Putrajaya Presint 9 (1) (Putrajaya) – Third Runner-up
- The Frees, Penang Free School (Penang) – Fourth Runner-up
- TGS, SMK A Kuala Selangor (Selangor)
- The Red Warrior Scientists, SMK Rantau Panjang (Kelantan)
- J Force Awaken, SMK Jengka Pusat 2 (Pahang)
- The Line of Defence, SMK Malim Nawar (Perak)
- The Mad Scientist, SMK Taman Kota Jaya (Johor)
- Semarak Impian, SMK Maxwell (Kuala Lumpur)
- Optimus Prime Scientist, SM A Mahmudiah (Terengganu)
- GNeutron, SMK Dato’ Sheikh Ahmad (Perlis)
- The Craziest Science, SMK Tun Sharifah Rodziah (Kedah)
- Teresian, SMK St Teresa (Sarawak)
- AV1721, SMS Tunku Munawir (Negeri Sembilan)
The final event was held on 3 November 2018 at MINES International Exhibition and Convention Centre (MIECC), Selangor.
Congratulations to Ababo from SMK Mutiara, Labuan on winning the School Lab Malaysia 2018 competition!