About this coursePhonics
Our exciting new Phonics courses incorporate good practice from the ‘Letters and Sounds’ and ‘Jolly Phonics’ programmes to create a multi-sensory learning experience. This course is aimed at children attending P1. They are taught through a range of fun and multi-sensory activities to help them remember the sounds and to combine them together to make age-appropriate words and to build sentences. Our course is taught by highly experienced British Council teachers trained in teaching Phonics.
On this course, your child will:
- learn the 42 letter sounds
- learn handwriting skills and letter formation
- learn how to combine sounds to make words
- identify sounds in words and segment them to spell
- be introduced to tricky words – words that cannot be decoded using phonics
- learn about alternative spelling – different spellings that are pronounced the same way
- learn to write what they can say
After completing our series of Phonics courses, your child will have the phonics skills and be able to read and write based on the sounds.