About this course
The fundamental challenge for people working effectively in a diverse team and work place is difference. Much has been discussed about the challenge of working with people from different generations. One point of agreement is that training helps us inspect and move away from negative judgement and conflict towards respect and cooperation.
This compelling workshop will challenge your assumptions, encourage you to inspect your feelings, help you adapt to others, and take personal responsibility for managing diversity in the workplace.
Who should attend?
Teams who are committed to developing an innovative mindset better to achieve business objectives.
- Communicate better with your colleagues from different generations
- Work more effectively together
- Enjoy better quality of relationships at work
- Describe your assumptions and feelings towards people born in different generations to your own
- Apply your learning from the course so that you act more on the principle of valuing the person
- Actively adapt your communication and behaviour to the individuals you work with
Introduction - Difference
- We are all the same
- Everyone is different
- Diversity and today’s workplace
From my shoes to your shoes
- What’s the fundamental problem?
- Where do we want to get to and why?
- How do we get there?
My shoes, your shoes – shifting emotions and attitudes
- Characteristics of the generations
- Traditionalists, Boomers (early and late), Gen X and Gen Y
- What other generations think about you
My shoes, your shoes – shifting action
- Acknowledge the feelings, do something different
- Get to know, appreciate and learn from the person
- Relationship-building transcends difference
- Communicating together