NOW CLOSEDFor more information on successful applicants:
Open Call: Connections Through Culture Mobility Grants 2019 (Closed)
Who can apply for the Connections Through Culture grant?
Applicants living in the UK or in any of the six Southeast Asian countries mentioned can apply for the grant:
- Cultural and Arts Professionals
- Representatives of Art Collectives, Networks or Organisations
Grants are offered to applicants working in the following areas: drama, dance, visual arts, literature, film, music, architecture, design and fashion.
What does Connections Through Culture offer?
- Up to £2,500 development grant for individual artists or professionals from the UK wishing to visit any of the six Southeast Asian countries that are part of the programme
- Up to £3,500 development grant for individual artists or professionals from an of the six Southeast Asian countries that are part of the programme wishing to visit the UK
- Up to £5,000 collaboration grant for representatives of groups in any of the six Southeast Asian countries that are part of the programme wishing to visit the UK, and for representatives of groups in the UK to visit any of the six Southeast Asian countries that are part of the programme
Criteria and decision process for Development and Collaboration grants
Applications will be evaluated by the British Council, drawing on input from your Southeast Asian or UK partners and contacts where appropriate. Applications will be scored on:
|Evidence of activity outline and developed discussions||30%|
|Evidence of a sound partner||30%|
|Usefulness of the grant to further development of the activity||30%|
|Evidence of estimated cost breakdown and timescales||10%|
What other support can I expect?
The mobility, upon confirmation, is expected to be self-directed. However, British Council staff based in Southeast Asia may provide some logistics support subject to early notification and availability. Grant notifications, disbursements and monitoring will be done online.
Please note that successful applicants will be required to share feedback on their visit.
Results out on 28 October 2019
Grant travel should be between January to March 2020
Results out on 9 December 2019
Grant travel should be between April to June 2020