1. The contest is organised by the British Council Malaysia and is open to all residents and non-residents residing in Malaysia aged 15 to 19 (the “Participant”). Any Participant under 18 years old must have approval from a parent or legal guardian to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the Participant must read and consent to all terms and conditions.
2. By participating in this contest, the Participant agrees to be bound by the Terms & Conditions contained herein. Failure to comply with any applicable terms, conditions, rules, instructions or methods shall result in the Participant being disqualified from the contest. By participating in this contest, the Participant consents for their particulars to be posted on www.britishcouncil.my or any other medium as the British Council sees fit for announcing the winners.
3. Contest participants must submit their answer essay in not more than 150 words by emailing it directly to email@example.com with their contact details.
4. A total of FIVE (5) winners will be selected based on the creativity and accuracy of the submission of the essays on answering the following: “Tell us what your ambition is and why you want to join this workshop.”
5. British Council’s decision on the winners of the prizes shall be final and conclusive and no correspondence, complaint or appeal shall be entertained by the British Council at any time during or after the contest period.
6. Upon notification, winners are to communicate at their earliest convenience to the British Council on whether they are available to attend the “Short Sharp Shock: Creative Writing Workshop for Teens (15 – 19 years)” with Paul McVeigh from 10.30am to 12.30pm, Saturday 02 December 2017, at British Council Kuala Lumpur, Ground Floor, West Block, 142C Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur.
7. Winners who are not able to attend the workshop shall be deemed to forfeit the prize. The British Council reserves the right to select another winner in place of the forfeited prize winner without prejudice.
8. The prizes set out above shall be used/taken entirely at the risk of the winners and the British Council excludes itself from all warranties and liabilities in connection with the prizes to the fullest extent permitted by law. The prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash or any other item.
9. By accepting the prizes, the winners expressly grant permission to the British Council and its agencies to use the winners’ names, photograph and/or likeness for advertising, editorial, promotional, marketing, trade or other purposes without further compensation and notice.
10. British Council Malaysia reserves the right:
a)To change, amend, revise, supplement, delete, vary or add to these terms and conditions and participants shall be bound to such changes, amendments, revisions, deletions, variations or additions
b)At any time, to change any aspect of the contest (including the prizes or discontinuing the contest) without prior notice, and
c)At its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend, modify or delay the contest in event of unforeseen circumstances beyond its reasonable control
d)By continued participation in this contest, the participant will be deemed to have accepted any changes, amendments, revisions, supplements, deletions variations and additions which may be published on www.britishcouncil.my
11. British Council Malaysia reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any participants that are found or suspected of tampering with the contest submission process, the operation of this contest or to be in violation of the Terms & Conditions.
12. This competition closes at 5.00pm Malaysian time, Sunday 26 November 2017. Any entry that is received after the closing time will not qualify for the competition and will be considered void. Winners will be announced and communicated via email or telephone call between Monday 27 November and Wednesday 29 November 2017.