About this course
This action packed workshop covers techniques used in solving workplace problems, including the identification of root causes to a problem, generating and evaluating alternative solutions, and making appropriate decisions.
You will apply a variety of problem solving tools to a case study from your workplace.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to understand how to identify problems, generate solutions and implement them successfully.
- Use a range of problem-solving tools
- Confidently solve problems
- Improve processes in your workplace
- Anticipate and identify problems
- Generate and evaluate alternative solutions to a problem
- Make a decision and take responsibility for it
Introduction - Difference
- Problem solving and decision making styles
- Identifying your style
- Working with the different styles
- The ADAPT problem solving process
A – Analysis
- Understanding changes, deviations and problems
- Identifying the symptoms of problems
- Identifying root causes of problems
D – Decision Making
- Generating creative solutions to a problem
- Making decisions
- Identifying the best solution
- Building consensus
A – Analyse the Risk
- Identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats
P – Planning
- Using project planning tools
T – Transition
- Selecting the best approach to implementation
- Communicating your decision
- Reviewing the success of a solution