New Directions in English Language Assessment
New Directions is a series of expert-led regional events in East Asia that brings international and national perspectives on trends and approaches in English language assessment linked to teaching and learning. It is an annual conference organised by the British Council. This year, we aim to:
- Share approaches and solutions to language assessment challenges in the region and internationally.
- Provide a unique platform to open the communication circle between language assessment academics, policy makers and practitioners.
- Connect local, national, regional and global agendas in language assessment.
- Provide a global network for policy makers and practitioners working in the field of English Language Assessment.
- Support evidence-led decisions deriving from research.
- Support global thought leadership in assessment.
New Directions 2018 is a space where policy makers, educational professionals and academics can interact, exchange information, and keep abreast of leading developments in the field of English language teaching, learning, and assessment.