About this course
This excellent workshop is designed to take the stress out of note-taking and minute-writing by introducing approaches to write clearer and more accurate minutes.
As well as discussions and games, you will also watch video meetings and take real minutes. There will be a role play meeting and you will also receive feedback from your trainer on what you need to do to improve your minutes
Who should attend?
Staff who take notes in briefings, or who write the minutes of meetings.
- Feel more confident during meetings and take better notes
- Be able to report discussions and actions using correct grammar and tone
- Know how to select the right content for different types of minutes
- Learn how tailor your presentations for different audiences
- Discover how to handle Q & A sessions with flair
- Explore advanced techniques to increase engagement and gain deeper connections with your audience
- What competencies do minute-takers need?
- What is the purpose of minutes?
- How can minute-takers overcome difficulties?
Preparing to take minutes
- The rights and obligations of the minute-taker
- Note taking formats
- Types of minutes
- Selecting the right level of formality
- Using reported speech
- Getting your grammar right
- Reporting the outcome of meetings
- Using diplomatic language
- Video meetings
- Role play meetings
- Review of your minutes