OFFICIAL TERMS and CONDITIONS
1. ELIGIBILITY: The “Hybrid words” Contest (the "Contest") organised by the British Council Malaysia (the “Organiser”) is only open to individual citizens and permanent legal residents of Malaysia, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older, as of the beginning of the Contest. Employees of Organiser and Administrator (both defined below), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, contractors, representatives and agents of Organiser, and each of their respective immediate families and household members (collectively the "Contest Entities") are not eligible to enter this Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER: The Contest begins on 22 September 2014 at 12:00:00PM GMT +8 Malaysian Time and ends on 26 September 2014 11:59:59PM GMT +8 (the “Contest Period”). Any entries after the Contest Period will be disqualified.
3.1 The mechanics for the Contest are as follows:
i) To participate in this contest, go to the official British Council Malaysia Facebook Page via the following URL: http://www.facebook.com/BritishCouncilMalaysia ("Fan Page").
ii) Entrants must first become a Fan of the Fan Page by clicking on the "Like" button at the top of the Fan Page.
iii) Entrants are required to provide 10 Hybrid words ( Bahasa Malaysia / English ) in the comment area of the posting, complete the Contest registration form (http://www.britishcouncil.my/hybrid-contest-form ) and agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Contest.
4. Only the authorised account holder registered under the email address (who completed the act of entering) may participate in the Contest and/or be eligible for a Prize (each an "Entrant” and collectively “Entrants"). Limit of one (1) registration per entrant. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one (1) registration by using multiple/different Facebook accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute pertaining to any registration, the authorised account holder of the Facebook account used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or participant. Each potential winner may be required to show proof in the form of their Identification Card of being the authorised account holder.
5. The Fan Page's database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Contest. In the event of any dispute pertaining to the identity of any Entrant, the relevant Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorised account holder of the applicable email address used to enter.
6. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Entrants who commented with 10 hybrid words correctly, filled up the form with correct details will be processed and notified accordingly.
7. PRIZES: The “Prizes” of the Contest are as follows:
|Description Distribution||The performance is from|
|1 Best seat in the house to Without Stars and There We Have Been - a double bill contemporary dance performance by James Cousins Company ( Details of performance can be found at https://www.facebook.com/events/652844264831271 )||16 October at 20:30 to 19 October at 15:00Every day from 22 September to 26 September 2014|
8. The Prize winner(s) may not substitute any Prize or redeem any non-monetary Prize for money. The Organiser reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute any Prize (or Prize component, if applicable) with one of equal or greater value. Organiser is responsible only for delivery of each Prize and is not responsible for Prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes, fees, and any other costs associated with acceptance and use of a Prize are the sole responsibility of the Prize winner.
9. USE OF ENTRANT INFORMATION FOR MARKETING PURPOSES: By entering this Contest, Entrants agrees that the Organiser and its designees may use the Entrant's physical and/or e-mail address to contact the Entrant regarding marketing offers and/or promotions that the Organiser believes may interest Entrant. The Organiser has the right to use the names and/or photographs of the Entrants and all other Entries submitted for advertising, trade and/or publicity purposes without any prior notice to the Entrants. The Entrants shall not be entitled to claim any form of ownership or compensation on the materials.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: This Contest is void outside Malaysia, and where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Contest will be governed by the internal laws of Malaysia. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction located within Malaysia. Contest Entities are not responsible for:
(a) late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage due or misdirected Entries, e-mails or other communications;
(b) errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices or transmission lines;
(c) data corruption, theft, destruction, loss, unauthorised access to or alteration of entry materials; or
(d) electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind or insufficient space in Entrant's e-mail account to receive e-mail messages.
11. The use of automated software or computer programs to register or to participate in this Contest is prohibited and any individual who uses or attempts to use such methods to register or to participate will be disqualified. Contest Entities disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Contest. In the event of any virus, bug, tampering, technical failure, unauthorised human intervention or other cause outside of The Organiser's control corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, The Organiser reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest and to determine winners from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to the occurrence of such an event. In the event of any such modification, cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice of such action will be posted on the Fan Page, if functioning. The Organiser reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant (and their Contest Entry) from this Contest or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by the Organiser or any of its affiliated companies, if Entrant is found tampering, or is suspected of tampering, with the entry or participation process, or operation of the Contest, or if Entrant's act of fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of this Contest, in any way. Entrants will, however, not be notified of such a judgment. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant who it reasonably suspects has violated or infringed any of these general terms and conditions and the Organiser reserves the right to pursue legal action against any individual it believes has undertaken fraudulent activities or other activities harmful to this Contest and the Fan Page. The Organiser reserves the right to revoke winner status and revoke any awarded prize in the event that an Entrant is found to be unsuitable after the Prize is awarded. Organiser reserves the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in any promotional materials. By participating in this Contest, each Entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Terms & Conditions, agrees to be bound by the decisions of Organiser and warrants that Entrant is eligible to participate in this Contest. In addition, each Entrant by participating in this Contest, agrees on Entrant's behalf (and on behalf of Entrant's heirs, assignees, executors and administrators) to release, discharge, indemnify and hold the Contest Entities harmless from and against any and all liability, loss or damage of any kind, to persons, or property, including death, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entrant's participation in this Contest, or any Contest-related activity, or from the award, acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Prize-related activity. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS CONTEST. ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY'S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
12. CAUTION. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY FAN PAGE AND/OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND ORGANISER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM THOSE MAKING SUCH ATTEMPTS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. In the event of any dispute arising from these Contests or relating to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, the decision of the Organiser on all matters pertaining to the Contest shall be final and conclusive on all parties. No correspondence will be entertained. The Organiser reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions and details of any Contest and/or withdraw or terminate the Contest entirely at any time without prior notice and without any liability towards anyone.