About this course
This absorbing workshop gives you an in-depth insight into your managerial style. It concentrates on developing your skills through an experiential approach that will enable you to better understand, communicate with and lead your team.
You will receive a personalised 4,000-word Team Management Profile based on your answers to a powerful psychometric profiling tool (by Team Management Systems™), highlighting your work
preferences. You will reflect on your profile and take part in a series of case studies, discussions and hands-on activities designed to help you maximise your strengths as a manager.
Who should attend?
New managers, managers who want an opportunity to develop themselves further and aspiring employees with management potential.
- Have an in-depth self-awareness and understanding of your team’s strengths and areas for development
- Be equipped to manage both people and tasks better
- Manage more effectively by adapting your style to different people and situations
- Analyse your managerial style, contribution and strengths
- Analyse the team you manage
- Develop skills and techniques in the key areas of leadership, interpersonal skills, team-building and decision-making
Team Management Profile overview
- Understanding the 8 critical work functions
- Recognising different work preferences
- Analysing your TMS profile
- Comparing leadership and management
- Identifying when to use each style
- Understanding your team
- Giving feedback
- Improving communication skills
- Building relationships
- Selecting a team
- Knowing the stages of team development
- Assessing team performance
- Utilising divergent and convergent thinking
- Using different decision making tools
- Encouraging creativity and decision-making