These are the terms and conditions under which the British Council offers courses.
To find out more about and of our courses, schedule and fees please contact your local centre.
- We accept payment in cash, credit card (MasterCard or Visa), cheque or bank draft in Ringgit Malaysia. Cheques and bank drafts should be made payable to ‘British Council’. Your full name and student number should be written on the back of the cheque.
- We cannot accept payment of course fees in instalments. All fees must be paid in full at the time of registration.
- If a student wishes to transfer to another level, this must be agreed by both class teachers and a Manager. Any transfer is subject to the availability of places in the class.
- Our Customer Relations Executives will help all students who would like to change the time of their class. Any transfer is subject to the availability of places in the class.
- Transfer to other branches, is reviewed on a case to case basis and is subject RM159.00 admin charge.
Refunds and Credits – Level test
- British Council Kuala Lumpur does not give credits and refunds for placement tests.
Refunds and Credits – Course fees
- British Council Kuala Lumpur will give credits and refunds only under the following circumstances:
- Serious illness. We will require you to produce a medical certificate as evidence.
- Transfer to a new location, which is not conducive for travel to British Council, Kuala Lumpur. We will require written evidence of this.
- Change of academic timetable. We will require a letter from your school/university/college principal.
- Compassionate reasons such as bereavement or serious illness of a family member. We will require a copy of the death certificate or documentation from the hospital/doctor.
- Where classes are cancelled by the British Council we will provide refunds except where classes are cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control (force majeure). In these cases we will make every effort to provide alternative arrangements including online learning or make-up classes. Only where no alternative is made available will we provide refunds
- Young Learners registering for more than 1 term who wish to apply for credits or refunds will forfeit guaranteed places. An administrative fee of RM159.00 is applicable.
- Credits and refunds are not given under any circumstances other than those mentioned above. All requests for refunds and transfers must be made in writing. Such requests must reach us the day before the start of the class and an administration fee of RM159.00 is applicable.
- No refunds or credits will be granted once the class has started. Approved credits are valid for 6 months. Approved refunds will take a minimum of 2 weeks to process.
Students holding British Council’s Student Visa
Please refer to the terms and conditions for visa students.
Approved courses by the HRDF
All our myClass (part-time) courses are HRDF-approved (Human Resources Development Fund). We can help you with your HRDF form after we confirm your level.
Companies who wish to sponsor their employees to study English with the British Council will need to complete the sponsorship form.
Any changes to our terms and conditions will be updated on this page.