These are the terms and conditions under which the British Council offers courses.
To find out more about and of our courses, schedule and fees please contact us here.
The British Council cannot accept payments made from banks (or other financial institutions) sanctioned by the UK or any other relevant jurisdiction. Where the British Council discovers evidence of payment from a sanctioned bank and/or sanctioned financial institution we will freeze all funds related to that payment and will be unable to deliver the service for which the payment was intended. Please therefore ensure that you do not make payments from an account in a sanctioned bank and/or sanctioned financial institution.
- We accept payment in cash, credit card (MasterCard or Visa), cheque or bank draft in Ringgit Malaysia. Cheques and bank drafts should be made payable to ‘British Council’. Your full name and student number should be written on the back of the cheque.
- We cannot accept payment of course fees in instalments. All fees must be paid in full at the time of registration.
- If a student wishes to transfer to another level, this must be agreed by both class teachers and a Manager. Any transfer is subject to the availability of places in the class.
- Our Customer Relations Executives will help all students who would like to change the time of their class. Any transfer is subject to the availability of places in the class.
- Transfer to other branches, is reviewed on a case to case basis and is subject RM159.00 admin charge.
Refunds and Credits – Course fees
The British Council cannot make payments to banks (or other financial institutions) sanctioned by the UK or any other relevant jurisdiction. If you request a refund to be sent to an account at a sanctioned bank and/or sanctioned financial institution, you will be asked to nominate an alternative method of payment that does not breach sanctions. Failure to provide an alternative method of payment will result in non-payment of the relevant funds.
The British Council in Kuala Lumpur will give credits and refunds only under the following circumstances:
- Serious illness. We will require you to produce a medical certificate as evidence.
- Transfer to a new location, which is not conducive to travel to British Council, Kuala Lumpur. We will require written evidence of this.
- Change of academic timetable. We will require a letter from your school/university/college principal.
- Compassionate reasons such as bereavement or serious illness of a family member. We will require a copy of the death certificate or documentation from the hospital/doctor.
- Where classes are cancelled by the British Council we will provide refunds except where classes are cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control (force majeure). In these cases, we will make every effort to provide alternative arrangements including online learning or make-up classes. Only where no alternative is made available will we provide refunds
- Young Learners registering for more than 1 term who wish to apply for credits or refunds will forfeit guaranteed places. An administrative fee of RM159.00 is applicable.
- Credits and refunds are not given under any circumstances other than those mentioned above. All requests for refunds and transfers must be made in writing. Such requests must reach us the day before the start of the class and an administration fee of RM159.00 is applicable.
- No refunds or credits will be granted once the class has started. Approved credits are valid for 6 months. Approved refunds will take a minimum of 2 weeks to process.