About this course
This multi-facetted, fast paced workshop will help you manage your work, time, colleagues, customers and bosses with skill and confidence.
Working together in small groups, you will use video, role plays and case studies to improve both your interpersonal and communication skills.
Who should attend?
All support staff whether just starting work or with many years of experience.
- Communicate effectively in person, on the phone and in writing
- Better manage multiple priorities
- Interact confidently with clients and colleagues
- Understand the dynamics of the modern working environment
- Appreciate the changing role of the secretary and administrative professional
- Promote a favourable impression of yourself and your organisation
Communication – The 3 Vs
- Communicating visually, vocally and verbally
- Understanding others better
- Creating the best impression of yourself
- Listening actively
- Questioning techniques
- Paraphrasing and echoing
- What is assertiveness?
- How assertive are you?
- Dos and don’ts of emails
- Common telephoning errors
- Opening, controlling and closing the call
Managing Your Time
- Identifying timewasters
- Knowing your ‘primetime’
- Prioritising your workload
- What is important to you?
- What is important to your organisation?