About this course
This intermediate-level workshop builds upon existing grammar concepts which will enhance your written communication in the workplace. Encompassing a range of technically tricky grammatical areas, concepts from this course can be readily applied to numerous business situations. Your knowledgeable trainer will guide you through a range of practical activities to fine-tune your existing grammar skills. It is important that the fundamental aspects of your grammar are accurate before you attend this workshop. Attending the “Grammar Foundations” workshop before this course will ensure that these are sound.
Who should attend?
Those who already have a good grasp of the fundamentals and would like to further their knowledge of the finer points of grammar.
- Have a clear understanding of more challenging grammar areas
- Present a more polished professional image in writing
- Positively influence your audience through your choice of language
- Learn finer points of English grammar
- Engage in written and spoken practical tasks to apply your new knowledge
- Receive valuable trainer feedback on how you can improve
Setting the Standard – Basic Principles and Terminology
- Grammar Quiz
- Understanding parts of speech
What did he say? Reported speech
- Reporting verbs
- Reviewing question forms
- Indirect questions
- Different questions for different uses
Passive vs Active
- Exploring passive and active forms
- Professional or not?
Continuous vs Simple
- Comparing different narrative forms
- Past simple or past continuous use
A/An or The?
- When do we use articles?
- What are the exceptions to the rules?