About this course
This highly practical workshop uses a proven proofreading process to raise accuracy and readability to new heights. You will learn the key proofreading skills necessary to consistently remove errors and improve writing quality.
Working in small groups, you will take part in a variety of accuracy-based exercises, which will build your confidence and effectiveness in proofreading.
Who should attend?
Anyone who needs to improve the accuracy of their and others’ written communication.
- Improve the speed of your proofreading
- Be able to improve your and others’ writing
- Project a more professional image
- Proof-read systematically
- Find and correct common errors
- Improve your writing accuracy
- Proofreading vs. editing
- The importance of proofreading
- How and why we read
- Word shapes
- Reading and expectations
Phase 1: Style and formatting
- Proofreading Techniques
Phase 2: Grammar
- Grammar: verbs, nouns and articles
Phase 3: Typing
- Spotting Typos
Phase 4: English usage
- Factual accuracy