About this course
This workshop focuses on the key principles of English with the specific needs of learners being the central theme to this introductory workshop. Your experienced trainer will take you through a series of interactive, hands-on activities to help you avoid grammatical errors. You will learn to edit your writing, making it more accurate and increasing your confidence in everyday use of grammar.
During this course you will look at grammar from a functional perspective and practise your grammar through writing, speaking, communicative activities and using online resources.
Who should attend?
Those who need to gain confidence in the basics of English grammar.
- Revise parts of speech as a framework for discussing language
- Examine present and past tense form and uses
- Revisit question forms, their structure and uses
- Develop your understanding of past tense verbs, nouns, prepositions and articles
- Avoid common grammatical mistakes
- Feel more confident in your knowledge of the basics of English grammar
- Be able to edit your and others’ writing to make it more accurate
Introduction and parts of speech
- Grammar quiz and parts of speech
Present and Past Tenses
- Improving accuracy of using different present and past tenses
- Putting tenses together
- How correct are my questions?
- Using questions to network and interview in a business context
Nouns, Quantifiers and Articles
- Countable and uncountable nouns
- What is a quantifier?
- Using articles correctly
Prepositions and Collocations
- Accurate use of prepositions
- Malaysian or Standard English?