About this course
This comprehensive workshop provides you with a basic understanding of modern business writing enabling you to write all types of documents more effectively and professionally.
Through analysis, case studies and hands-on activities, you will learn how to plan, write and edit a variety of documents. You will write case studies and receive feedback from your trainer and other participants on your strengths and areas to improve.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to learn the fundamentals of modern business writing.
- Courteous and complete so that it satisfies your readers
- Clear and concise and therefore easy to understand
- Correct and so give a professional image
- Feel more confident in your knowledge of modern business writing
- Communicate your ideas more effectively in writing
- Be ready to further develop your writing skills for more specialised documents
The 5Cs of effective writing
- Purpose: why are you writing?
- Reader: what do you know about your reader?
- Action: what do you want your reader to do?
- Using a planning diagram
- Being specific
- Paragraphing and linking
- Structuring information logically
- Designing an attractive layout
- Identifying common language errors
- Understanding sentence structure
- Building relationships
- Adopting a reader friendly tone
- Using short, familiar words
- Avoiding repetition and redundancy
- Checking your work