About this course
This important workshop helps build the skills you need to deal with challenging people and situations in the workplace. You will discover techniques and strategies to achieve this through group discussion and interactive exercises. You will work on two case studies related to situations from your workplace to better understand the people involved. You will receive feedback from your trainer and other participants on exactly what you need to do to become more assertive.
Who should attend?
Individuals who want to learn how to communicate with confidence and to build strong, amicable relationships.
- Understand others’ motivations better
- Feel more comfortable in dealing with challenging situations at work
- Handle criticism in a more confident way
- Understand the differences between aggressive, assertive and passive behaviour
- Explore ways to influence people, especially when giving negative feedback
- Discover methods to deal with criticism effectively
Introduction and overview
- What is assertiveness?
- How assertive are you?
- What makes us passive or aggressive?
Examining wants and needs
- Underlying reasons for conflict
- Analysing wants and needs - generating options
- A difficult situation from your workplace Influencing
- Understanding the nature of communication
- Using visual, vocal and verbal communication
- Giving negative feedback in an assertive way
- Controlling your emotion
- Dealing with criticism
- Dealing with negative feedback
- A difficult situation from your workplace