- The text should be a maximum of 60 words.
- The text must be written in English.
- The text should start with the competition theme “I love English because…”
- Discriminating or obscene language disqualifies the entry.
- The text must be original; plagiarism disqualifies the entry.
- The text will be judged on its use of language, accuracy and creativity.
1. The contest starts on 19 July 2018 and ends on 5 August 2018 at 17:00 Malaysian time.
2. The contest is organised by the British Council Malaysia and is open to all residents of Malaysia aged 18 to 40.
3. Only one entry per person is permitted throughout the contest. Multiple entries will disqualify the candidate from the contest completely.
4. The judging panel will choose 6 of the best entries that meet the requirements stated below and prizes will be given accordingly. A grand prize winner will be selected from the 6 best entries.
5. By participating in this contest, the participant agrees to be bound by the Terms & Conditions contained herein. Failure to comply with any applicable terms, conditions, rules, instructions or methods shall result in the participant being disqualified from the contest. By participating in this contest, the participant consents for their particulars to be posted on www.britishcouncil.my or any other medium as the British Council sees fit for announcing the winners.
6. Contest participants must submit their answer through this page here.
7. British Council’s decision on the winners of the prizes shall be final and conclusive. Any correspondence, complaint or appeal will not be entertained by the British Council at any time during or after the contest period.
8. The British Council reserves the right to replace or substitute the prizes with other items of similar value without any notice to the winners.
9. Upon notification, winners are to collect their prizes from the British Council Malaysia.
10. The prizes set out below shall be used/taken entirely at the risk of the winners and the British Council excludes itself from all warranties and liabilities in connection with the prizes to the fullest extent permitted by law. The prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash or any other item.
11. The prizes may be collected in person by the winner at the designated place and upon verification of the winner’s NRIC and details.
12. By accepting the prizes, the winners expressly grant permission to the British Council and its agencies to use the winners’ names, photograph and/or likeness for advertising, editorial, promotional, marketing, trade or other purposes without further compensation and notice.
13. British Council Malaysia reserves the right:
a. to change, amend, revise, supplement, delete, vary or add to these terms and conditions and participants shall be bound to such changes, amendments, revisions, deletions, variations or additions
b. at any time, to change any aspect of the contest (including the prizes or discontinuing the contest) without prior notice, and
c. at its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend, modify or delay the contest in event of unforeseen circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
By continued participation in this contest, the participant will be deemed to have accepted any changes, amendments, revisions, supplements, deletions, variations and additions which may be published on www.britishcouncil.my
14. British Council Malaysia reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any participants that are found or suspected of tampering with the contest submission process, the operation of this contest or to be in violation of the Terms & Conditions.
How to participate?
- Send your entry via this link here.
- Please fill up your details (name, email address, phone no, and type your answer accordingly)
- Grand prize (1 winner) – an English course worth up to RM2,000 + RM200 (voucher)
- Runners-up (5 winners) - RM300 worth of vouchers