Teacher of English - Penang
- To promote and ensure quality teaching and effective learning of English.
- To support the wider aims of British Council and its cultural relations mission.
|Salary||Salary ranges from 1) 20-hour teaching contract - MYR 6, 540 (Point 1) to MYR 8, 496 (Point 10) gross per month 2) 24-hour teaching contract - MYR 7,849 (Point 1) to MYR 10,196 (Point 10) gross per month depending on qualifications and experience.|
|Duration||2-year contract (renewable)|
|Working hours||1) 20-hour teaching contract 2) 24-hour teaching contract|
|Annual leave||35 days as a combination of blocked-leave and flexi-leave|
|Closing date||19 November 2019|
The British Council in Penang is looking for two enthusiastic and experienced teachers of English. You will provide quality language teaching to adults and young learners (in the centre and off site) at a variety of levels. You will have a university degree and at least a Cambridge CELTA/Trinity CertTESOL plus two years' post qualification EFL teaching experience.
We are looking for teachers who:
- invest in learning about our learners and ensuring learners have a sense of progress within every lesson.
- communicate subject knowledge of concepts, skills and language systems effectively and in ways appropriate to the learners and type of course being delivered.
- prepare courses and individual lessons that fully meet course objectives, employ appropriate methodology and meet learners’ needs.
- plan, control and facilitate interaction in the classroom that is appropriate to the classroom activity and which takes into account the different needs, abilities, cultures and genders of the learners.
- employ evaluation and assessment tools at various stages in the learning process.
- evaluate learners’ needs suggesting appropriate materials and strategies to help learners achieve their negotiated objectives and become more independent in their learning and to help learners adjust their learning styles and strategies in order to become more effective in their learning.
- are customer focussed and dedicate attention to our customers’ experience whilst studying with us.