Before you apply please make sure you are eligible to take part in this competition!
On the application form, you’ll be asked to provide a link to a three minute video of you, pitching the research topic you think is the most compelling. Videos will need to be uploaded to YouTube or a similar service.
The video should meet the following criteria:
- Up to three minutes long on any STEM related areas
- No editing or special effects
- No other people or excessive props
- No background music (unless that is what you are talking about!)
- Recording quality will not be assessed but remember that the clearer you make it, the better we can judge it!
Live audition schedule:
- 4 March 2017: Northern Heat: Dewan Budaya, Universiti Sains Malaysia
- 11 March 2017: Southern Heat: Faculty of Medical and Biosciences, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
- 18 March 2017: Sabah/ Sarawak Heat: Lecture Hall, Swinburne University
- 25 March 2017: Central Heat: Petrosains, Kuala Lumpur
Find out what happens at the heats, there are some rules you need to know about.
If you are successful after the heats you will be invited to attend the science communication training from 1 - 2 April 2017 in Kuala Lumpur. The training consist of a Communication Masterclass which help you develop invaluable media and presentation skills.
You will receive further details if you pass the heats. After the Masterclass, 10 FameLabbers will be selected to present at the FameLab Malaysia Final in Kuala Lumpur on 6 May 2017.The winner of the Malaysia Final will go on to compete in the International Final in Cheltenham in June 2017.
The FameLab Malaysia Final will be held in Kuala Lumpur on 6 May 2017.
The FameLab International Final will be held in June 2017 in Cheltenham.
To be part of FameLab, please submit your application online.