We know how important it is for teachers to develop their skills after their initial teacher training course.
Young Learner Extension to CELTA
What are the benefits?
Develop skills and confidence in teaching young learners
The Young Learner (YL) Extension to CELTA enables you to develop the skills and knowledge gained on your CELTA course and transfer them to the young learner teaching environment.
International recognition and quality assurance
This course is for CELTA graduates who are interested in gaining an internationally-recognised qualification in teaching English to children.
How is it delivered?
On the course you will:
- attend input sessions covering all areas of teaching English as a second language to children aged 8-13
- complete four hours of assessed teaching practice
- work with at least two groups of young learners of different ages and abilities
- observe ELT professionals
- complete two written assignments on 1) classroom teaching and the identification of action points; 2) aspects of the teaching and learning of English at young learner level through a focus on young learners and learning contexts.
Week 1: Monday 5 December to Saturday 10 December 2016
Week 2: Tuesday 13 December to Saturday 17 December 2016
Course fees: RM5,050
How to apply
Step 1 Download the application form and the pre-course task (see below).
Step 2 After you have completed the application form and application task please send them to us by e-mail, fax or post.
Fax: (03) 2713 6599
Teacher Education Unit
Ground Floor, West Block
Wisma Selangor Dredging
142C Jalan Ampang
50450 Kuala Lumpur
Step 3 If your application has been successful, you will be interviewed by one of the YL extension to CELTA trainers, either in person or by telephone (for those who are out of town/overseas).
Step 4 If your interview is successful, you will be offered a place on the course. To secure your place on the course, you will be asked to pay a deposit. The balance is due before the start of the course.