The British Council is delighted to announce the Crafting Futures Malaysia Grant for Digital Craft Toolkit. We are seeking proposal submissions from Malaysia-based organisations to adapt, deliver and share the British Council Digital Craft Toolkit to craft communities in Sarawak, Malaysia.
The grant aims to enable organisations to address the need to capacity build local artisans with entrepreneurial skills to enhance the economic sustainability of their craft to achieve the following objectives:
- Skills building (including digital skills) and sustainable economic development
- Empowering, raising awareness and building confidence for under-represented and underprivileged communities (rural communities, ethnic minorities, and female artisans)
- Preservation, enrichment and promotion of cultural heritage
- Development of creative industries and cultural sectors
- Support of open, prosperous societies
The selected proposed project could be awarded a grant of up to £5,500 and will need to begin by April 2021 and completed by July 2021.
For further information on the grant and application process, please read the Notes for Applicants.
Please complete and submit to us the Application Form by 10 November 2020.