Standards in Learning Systems
NEW DIRECTIONS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE ASSESSMENT, 22nd - 23rd OCTOBER, GRAND HYATT, KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
The 6th New Directions conference invites proposals for papers on the following main theme and subthemes:
The design, use, and implementation of language standards and proficiency frameworks in language testing and assessment, and the link between standards, assessment and the wider educational context, such as curriculum design.
- The alignment of existing tests to proficiency standards and the use of standards to inform the design and validation of new tests
- The manner in which standards can inform classroom teaching and assessment
- The impact of using standards to inform policy decisions and set assessment goals, either at a national or institutional level, on teaching and learning.
- The localisation of standards and proficiency frameworks: adapting large-scale national or international standards to a more fine-grained focus on local needs.
- The relationship between the rapid development of artificial intelligence and automated rating technology and assessments designed from and aligned to existing proficiency standards.
There will be a section of parallel sessions set aside for outstanding proposals on topics or innovative assessment research of general interest to the wider field of language testing and assessment which are not directly related to the main theme.
|Submission of proposal abstracts||14 August 2018 (extended)|
|Notification of acceptance||28 August 2018 (extended)|
|Conference dates||22 - 23 October 2018|
|Workshops date||24 October 2018|
To make your submission, please download the forms below and make sure you complete all relevant sections in order for your application to be processed.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact New Directions team here should you have any questions.