About this course
This reflective workshop helps you perfect your writing skills and become a resource for your staff.
Through discussions, group work and hands-on writing practice, you will understand the principles of modern business writing, and be able to apply them to your own documents and advise others on how they can improve.
Who should attend?
Both experienced and new managers will benefit.
- Improve the style and accuracy of your own writing
- Be better equipped to review your staff’s writing
- Become a guide for team members and colleagues
- Understand the differences between aggressive, assertive and passive behaviour
- Explore ways to influence people, especially when giving negative feedback
- Discover methods to deal with criticism effectively
Introduction and overview
- Analysing what makes an effective document
- Introducing the 5Cs of business writing
- Writing in plain English
- Using effective bullet pointing
- Making your writing flow
- Writing concisely
- Making your writing more readerfocused
- Writing positive messages
- Using a polite and sincere tone
- Saying ‘no’ effectively
- Responding to complaints
- Giving bad news
- Adjusting your tone
Reports and organisation
- Structuring reports
- Making sure your logic iscomplete
- Using linking words to logically connect information
- Recognising common errors
- Using verbs correctly
- Giving feedback sensitively
- Using readability statistics
- Summarising texts
Contact Mr. Adam Jameson: Adam.Jameson@britishcouncil.org.my or 04 255 9000 ext 7702.