The competition is open to Malaysian citizens aged between 18 - 37 working or studying in STEM related areas. This includes private and public sector employees.
The rules are simple. Participants have three minutes to give a talk on a scientific subject. No PowerPoint slides are allowed, however props are allowed so long they can be carried on stage by the participants.
You must be available to participate in the Masterclass on 2 - 3 April, Researcher Connect communication and presentation training on 4 - 6 April 2016 and the National Final on 23 April 2016.
- Lecturers and researchers in science, engineering or mathematics subjects, including specialist science teachers with a science degree
- People who work on applying science, engineering technology or mathematics (e.g. patent clerks, statisticians, consultants to industry)
- University students of science, mathematics or engineering.
- People who apply science, engineering or mathematics in industry or business.
We cannot accept:
People who are already working professionally in public engagement with science, including:
- Press or PR officers, even for science-related organisations
- Artists who work on science-related themes
- Performers whose shows are about science or engineering
- Science centre staff who work exclusively or mainly with the public
- Journalists and broadcasters (as their main or only job)
- Non-specialist teachers