British Council administers the Aptis test for the Ministry of Education (MoE) in Malaysia. This service is available exclusively for MoE teachers. If you are not a teacher under MoE, please contact your employer, university or school to register for the test.
Test fee, date and location
We offer the Aptis test for MoE teachers at selected locations only. Registration must be made online and places are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
|Test fee (RM)|
British Council Kuala Lumpur (BCKL)
Level 2, South Block,
Wisma Selangor Dredging,
142C Jalan Ampang,
50450 Kuala Lumpur,
Test dates and times:
|Please contact us for more details|
Registration procedure and payment
Please follow the steps below for registration.
Step 1: Make payment online
Full test fee shall be made strictly through online bank transfer (IBFT, IBG or 3rd Party Account Transfers) only. Please retain a softcopy of the bank payment transaction slip for submission. Other modes of payment will not be accepted.
Please enter the following narratives when making the online transfer:
Recipient Reference: "Aptis" followed by test date (e.g. Aptis 06 June 2018)
Other Payment Details: Your NRIC number without dash "-" (e.g. 800123456789)
Bank account details:
Account Name: British Council
Bank Name: Citibank Berhad
Bank Swift Code: CITIMYKL
Account Number: 0115889028
Step 2: Email supporting documents
Submit a softcopy of the following supporting documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put your name and NRIC number as the subject of the email.
- NRIC (front and back)
- Bank payment transaction slip
Photos taken using mobile phone / camera are accepted.
Step 3: Registration
Click here to register for the test. You will need to provide the payment details as registration without payment details will not be processed.
A confirmation email will be sent to you at least three (3) working days before the test date. If you do not hear from us within this period, please contact us at email@example.com to check your test registration status.
A softcopy of your Aptis results will be sent to you via email within five (5) working days after the test. Please note that this electronic result is provisional and should not be used as an official confirmation of your achievement.
You will receive the original copy of your Aptis Certificate within a month after the test at the mailing address provided in your application.
How do I prepare for the test?
Terms and conditions
- Any cancellation or test date transfer is subject to our refund policy. You may view or download a copy of our Aptis Refund Policy under the Downloads section below.
- Details provided in the registration web-form will be displayed in the Aptis Certificate. Please ensure that you enter the correct details as no amendment can be made upon submission of the registration web-form.
- Registration without payment will not be processed.
- British Council takes all reasonable steps to provide continuity of service. Therefore, please understand that we cannot be held responsible for any interruptions caused by circumstances beyond our control. If examinations or results are disrupted, cancelled or delayed, every effort will be made to resume normal service as soon as possible. The British Council’s liability will be limited to the refund of the registration fee or re-testing at a later date.
- British Council reserves the right to change, postpone or bring forward any test session in the event that the test session is full or becomes unavailable.
Contact the Aptis team
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.