Terms & Conditions (16th November 2016 – 3rd December 2016)
Before entering the British Council Malaysia (the “Organiser”) #beyourselfinEnglish Tongue Twister video contest (the “Contest”), please spend a few minutes reading the following Terms and Conditions. By entering this Contest, we will assume that you have read these rules and that you have agreed to them. They are binding for all participants.
- This Contest is open to any person (the "Participant") who is a Malaysian resident, and has attained the age of 18. Any Participant under 18 years old must have approval from a parent or legal guardian to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the Participant must read and consent to all terms and conditions.
- Each Participant is only allowed ONE (1) video submission.
- A Participant who is also a fan on the Facebook Page of the British Council Malaysia (https://www.facebook.com/BritishCouncilMalaysia) will be entitled to ONE (1) additional video submission.
- The Contest will be from 16th November 2016 – 3rd December 2016.
- The Organiser’s employees and their immediate families, employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, sponsors, suppliers and advertising agencies are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- Each Participant is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with all terms and conditions set forth.
- To be eligible to win, participants must submit their video in a comment on the Facebook Wall Contest post and answer by 11:59:59 (Malaysian Time) of the last day of each round of the Contest. Late submissions will not be entertained and the decision is final and not appealable. The time is based on our system’s time.
- By entering the Contest, the participants agree to comply with these rules and regulations.
- A total of THREE (3) winners will be selected.
- Winners will be awarded 20 English classes from the Organiser worth RM2,000.
- Winners will be selected at the sole discretion of the Organiser, based on entry (video) creativity.
- No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for the Prize is permitted.
- Each winner is entitled to ONE (1) Prize only.
- The video should not exceed 60 seconds in length. Any submitted entry of a longer length will not be considered.
- The video should not have any inappropriate content, language or imagery (no violence, racist comments, pornographic or personal attacks on people or organisations, etc.)
- The video can be in any format (e.g. animation, documentary, music video, etc.)
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Winners will be announced on 14th December 2016, 2pm and will be notified through the Organiser’s Facebook Page. Winners have to Private Message the Organizer with their full name, NRIC or passport number, mailing address and contact number. Failing which prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner will be selected.
- All prizes won must be accepted as rewarded and are not transferable, exchangeable for cash or in any other form of compensation or extendable in validity.
- All winners are required to claim their Prize from the Organiser’s given once notified.
- Registration and submission of entries implies automatic acceptance of the rules and regulations of the Contest. In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Organiser is final.
- The Organiser shall have the right to reproduce and distribute your Submission (inclusive of video) for promotional purposes in broadcast, print and/or other media as the Organiser may determine at their sole discretion. You agree that the Organiser owns all rights, titles, and interest in any compilation, collective work, or other derivative work created by the Organiser using or incorporating your Submission.
- If, for any reason, all or part of the Contest is not capable of being executed as planned, by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of entrants, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Organiser, or any complication on the part of the administration, the Organizer reserves the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any entry or entrant and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest (in whole or in part) and/or award the prize(s) from among all eligible entries received as of the date of the termination, as the Organiser determines at their sole discretion.
- Entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification.
- Neither entrants nor winners shall receive any compensation or credit for use of Entries.
- The Organiser shall have the right to publish winners’ personal details for promotional or publicity purposes without prior notice.
- In the event of a dispute, the potential winner may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorised account holder of the identified Facebook, and/or e-mail account.
- If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of, but not limited to, bugs or technical failures, the Organiser reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the contest and select the winners at the Organiser's sole discretion.
- The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify anyone who, in their opinion, has tampered with or disrupted the entry process or operation of this contest or violated the rules.
- The decision of the Organiser is final and no correspondence will be entertained.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to the Organiser and not to Facebook. The information you provide will be used for promotional or publicity purposes only.