- Please remember to drop off your child less than 15 minutes before class and also to pick them up promptly when class finishes.
- Children should wear their tags at all times whilst in the building. Parents/Guardians of children who have blue or pink tags should also remember to wear their tags when collecting them.
- Just to remind you that we have a strict ‘No photo’ policy so please refrain from taking photos of anyone or anything whilst on our premises.
This term we have three fantastic parent workshops for you to learn more about your child’s course. Sessions run on Saturday and Sunday in Room 17 from 1.20-2.00pm.
22 & 23 July: Primary Plus: From the magazine to the classroom!
This workshop will demonstrate how teachers use the Primary Plus magazines to plan challenging and interesting lessons for your child. This workshop is for parents of students in PP classes.
5 & 6 August: How Teenagers Learn
In this session, we will look at how scientific study into memory and learning can help our teenagers to remember more from class, and give us easy ways to help them, especially when studying for exams. This workshop is for parents of students in LS and US classes.
26 & 27 August: How to help your child at home
Join our workshop to get some useful tips on how you can help your child at home. All parents are welcome.
Global Art Competition
The highly anticipated global art competition is back!
Prizes for the winner and runners-up in each age group are up for grabs! The winning entry from each age group will then be entered into the global young learners’ art competition held in September 2017. The three winning pictures and nine runners-up from the global competition will be displayed in British Council promotional materials and receive a certificate.
- Theme: Travel in my Country: Now or in the Future
- Age groups: 8 and under, 9 – 11 and 12 – 15
How to take part:
- Create a piece of art based on travel in Malaysia.
- Entries should be between A4 and A3 size
- Use art materials that give strong colours and lines, such as paint, pastels, collage or crayons – NO coloured pencils.
- Make up a title for your picture (the theme is not the title)
- On the back of your entry write: the title of your picture, your name, your age, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Hand your entry in at the desk on the second floor by 6 August 2017.
Our resident storyteller, Keats, will be back again on 15 & 16 July to tell stories to our young learners. The stories are appropriate for our Primary Plus students and space is limited, so participation will be on a first-come-first-served basis.
Storytelling will take place in the placement test area on the ground floor, and will run from 1.20-2.00pm.
It would be lovely to see lots of you there!