Our Upper Primary courses are suitable for kids who have finished Primary Plus. They are based around engaging topics and aim to increase confidence. We focus on developing fluency and writing more challenging and varied text types. There is an interactive teaching style and our aim is to promote a positive, social learning experience and development of life skills. Upper Primary gives students the confidence and motivation to go beyond the requirements of typical exams for this age group, such as the UPSR.
Upper Primary courses:
- Give you child exposure to authentic reading and listening texts and increase fluency and confidence through activities such as role plays, group projects and presentation skills
- Provide a focus on developing higher order thinking skills and age appropriate cognitive development
- Consolidate grammar through interactive lessons with a focus on communication and motivation
- Foster positive values and promotion of life skills, such as critical thinking, problem-solving, communication, collaboration, creativity and imagination
- Focus on ‘learning to learn’ – helping, your child become a more independent and successful student
- Develop writing skills so your child can produce a range of text types and genres, taking them well beyond the requirement of exams such as the UPSR
- Use technology, short videos and presentations alongside textbooks to reflect the range of English you encounter in the modern world
Our Upper Primary courses are suitable for students from any educational background, including international school students and first language English speakers.