- Role profile: Attached at the end of this page
- Type: Temporary (Virtual/Hybrid)
- Availability: 1
- Location: Flexible
- Duration: 15 October 2021 - 31 March 2022
- Report to: Heads of Education and Science
- Deadline for application: 10 October 2021 (5.00 PM)
This role will provide administrative support for the delivery of our Education and Science Programmes. The individual will support to a range of projects/programmes/contracts/grants as appropriate, managing project resources and activities to ensure that project objectives are delivered on time, on budget and to the highest level of quality to ensure impact. The individual will also be supporting programme team to deliver a successful portfolio by ensuring programme knowledge and data is gathered, recorded and shared effectively.
We are seeking individuals with some administrative experience especially within the Education setting. In line with our goal of mainstreaming equality and diversity in all that we do, we align to equality and diversity helps support inclusion and helps improve our cultural relations and quality assure this.
Our work in education and science aims to build a relationship with Malaysia for global good, inclusivity, values, and long-term economic sustainability, and where Malaysia sees it has a development need, and wants to learn and share with the UK.At the core of our education strategy are 2 primary goals: -
- To nurture institutional partnerships that catalyse innovation in international education and create opportunities for individuals in both our countries to exchange knowledge, mutual understanding and to build long term engagement.
- In the context of growing influence of regional super-powers, to develop a sustained public awareness drive through digitalisation and localisation of relevant content to build a network of local influencers and opinion leaders amongst up and coming young Malaysians in order to grow longer term pipeline for UK education offers.
We will do this through three channels:
- Government: Working with both UK and Malaysian governments, we contribute to policy discussions and development that strengthen the relationship between the UK and Malaysia and create the enabling environment for institutions to thrive in.
- Institutions/Sector: We work with schools, colleges and universities in both countries to help them expand internationally, learn from each other, and form partnerships that benefit individuals, institutions and wider society.
- Individuals: We create opportunities for young people in the UK and Malaysia to live, study and work in each other’s countries.
The post holder will be supported in ensuring that country activities and project teams are aware of and meet British Council Global policies, minimum Standards, procedures, UK and local legislation and British Council Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policies.