Trainer, Professional Development Unit
• To deliver off-site corporate training, soft skills and business English courses and workshops to participants of different language levels, ages, backgrounds and organisations, including corporate clients, government ministries and academic institutions
• To develop course outlines and syllabi that reflect clients and participants needs
• To create, customise and adapt materials as required
• To manage existing client relationships
• To contribute to the British Council, Teaching Centre and Professional Development Unit strategic objectives.
|Closing date||24 April 2016|
The British Council in Kuala Lumpur is recruiting a Professional Development Unit (PDU) Trainer to join our Teaching Centre.
This is an excellent career development opportunity for teachers to broaden their academic and professional skills. The Teaching Centres in Kuala Lumpur benefits from a wide range of ICT and teaching resources, and provides many opportunities for training and development, including funding for DELTA, the YL Extension to the CELTA and a full programme of INSETT training. Many of our teachers have benefitted from this and have gone on to take up coordinator and management posts within the network.
The Professional Development Unit delivers off-site corporate and soft skills professional training to corporate clients, Malaysian government departments and educational institutions. Most of our training is customised, without using course books. We offer a range of intensive and extensive courses in business communication skills as well as workshops on softskills.
We also deliver business English courses, academic training to lecturers and teachers, particularly in IELTS, and other teacher training work. All training is at the client’s premises and may involve travel within Malaysia. Most courses are customised based on the client’s requirements.
To be considered, you will be qualified with either a Cambridge CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL and have at least 2 years’ post qualification training experience as well as hold a university degree.
Corporate and soft skills training experience is highly desirable, preferably with corporate clients. Experience of creating and customising material is also a desirable. Previous work experience in a business environment is also an advantage.
How to apply
Please apply through this link: Trainer, Professional Development Unit