Trainer of English
The aim of the Teacher Upskilling project is to strengthen English teaching and learning through a blended training approach that includes; quality face to face delivery, supported distance learning and integrated proficiency and methodology training. The post-holder will join a team of trainers providing English language proficiency and teacher development for Malaysian primary and secondary school teachers.
|Closing date||31 March 2014|
Support British Council’s global English strategy by:
- Delivering teaching to the highest standards of ELT.
- Improving language proficiency and pedagogy of Malaysian English language teachers.
- Enhancing British Council’s reputation as a world authority in ELT.
- Continuing professional development and sharing of best practices.
- Ensuring teaching meets learner needs and expectations.
- Ensuring teaching meets British Council Teaching Quality Standards and organizational expectations.
- Maintaining good relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Supporting the project activities and British Council plans.
- Plan, prepare and deliver high quality English language teaching and training that meets the needs of Malaysian primary and secondary school English teachers taking into account the Malaysian primary and secondary teaching context. Ensure individual learning styles are considered and that the British Council’s reputation as a world authority in ELT is demonstrated.
- Monitor progress and provide regular feedback both face to face and online to help manage teachers’ progress and performance throughout the course, and actively promote learner autonomy. Provide regular reports to senior trainers which demonstrate teachers’ progress. Encourage teachers to reflect on their own language proficiency development and classroom practice and to record their progress in development journals.
- Contribute to the development, evaluation, and improvement of Global Products materials and related services, in order to meet teachers’ needs by actively working as a member of the training team.
- Complete all project related administrative tasks to specified standards.
- Participate in the professional development programme of the project.
- Support local marketing and promotional strategy, and assist the project team in delivering excellent customer service.
- Ensure safeguarding and guidelines are applied and upheld in line with standards and policy for the following areas:
- Child protection
- Equal Opportunity and Diversity
- Health and safety
How to apply
Interested applicants should visit the following weblink for a role profile and British Council behaviors & teaching skills.
These posts have a rolling application deadline as we will accept applications until we have filled all of our posts.