Teacher of English
- To promote and ensure quality teaching and effective learning of English.
- To support the wider aims of British Council and its cultural relations mission.
|Location||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Salary||MYR 8,634 (Point 1) to MYR 11,121 (Point 10) gross per month depending on qualifications and experience|
|Duration||2-year contract (renewable)|
|Working hours||24 contact teaching hours per week|
|Annual leave||35 days as a combination of blocked-leave and flexi-leave|
|Closing date||13 January 2019|
We are looking for a Teacher of English to join our Teaching Centre. This is an excellent career development opportunity for a teacher to broaden his or her academic and professional skills.
The post holder should have at least two years teaching experience (post-CELTA) and TEFL-Q qualification (DELTA, DipTESOL or equivalent) is desirable.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- has experience in both Adult and Young Learner teaching
- invest in learning about our learners and ensuring learners have a sense of progress within every lesson.
- communicate subject knowledge of concepts, skills and language systems effectively and in ways appropriate to the learners and type of course being delivered.
- prepare courses and individual lessons that fully meet course objectives, employ appropriate methodology and meet learners’ needs.
- plan, control and facilitate interaction in the classroom that is appropriate to the classroom activity and which takes into account the different needs, abilities, cultures and genders of the learners.
- employ evaluation and assessment tools at various stages in the learning process.
- evaluate learners’ needs suggesting appropriate materials and strategies to help learners achieve their negotiated objectives and become more independent in their learning and to help learners adjust their learning styles and strategies in order to become more effective in their learning.
- are customer focused and dedicate attention to our customers’ experience whilst studying with us.
Teachers are expected to teach 24 hours a week over five days, including Saturday and Sunday, with two consecutive days off during the week as the weekend.
Enquiries about the post can be sent to the East Asia Regional Teacher Recruitment team based in Singapore.