Teacher of English
- To promote and ensure quality teaching and effective learning of English.
- To support the wider aims of British Council and its cultural relations mission.
|Location||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Salary||from MYR 8,634 (Point 1) to MYR 11,121 (Point 10) gross per month depending on qualifications and experience|
|Duration||2 years (renewable)|
|Working hours||24 contact teaching per week|
|Annual leave||35 days|
|Closing date||21 March 2018|
The British Council in Kuala Lumpur is recruiting a Teacher of English to join our Teaching Centre in March 2018. This is an excellent career development opportunity for a teacher to broaden his or her academic and professional skills.
The post holder should have at least two years teaching experience (post-CELTA) and TEFL-Q qualification (DELTA, DipTESOL or equivalent) is desirable
We are looking for a teacher who:
- has experience in both Adult and Young Learner teaching
- Is invested in learning about our learners and ensuring learners have a sense of progress within every lesson.
- Communicates subject knowledge of concepts, skills and language systems effectively and in ways appropriate to the learners and type of course being delivered.
- Prepares courses and individual lessons that fully meet course objectives, employ appropriate methodology and meet learners’ needs.
- Plans, control and facilitate interaction in the classroom that is appropriate to the classroom activity and which takes into account the different needs, abilities, cultures and genders of the learners.
- Employs evaluation and assessment tools at various stages in the learning process.
- Evaluates learners’ needs suggesting appropriate materials and strategies to help learners achieve their negotiated objectives and become more independent in their learning and to help learners adjust their learning styles and strategies in order to become more effective in their learning.
- Is customer focused and dedicate attention to our customers’ experience whilst studying with us.
Teachers are expected to teach 24 hours a week over five days, including Saturday and Sunday, with two consecutive days off during the week as the weekend.
Enquiries about the post can be sent to the East Asia Regional Teacher Recruitment team based in Singapore.