Teacher Development Mentor
The post-holder will join a team of 120 teacher development mentors each providing on-the-job mentoring support to primary teachers working in a cluster of state primary schools in Malaysian Borneo. Working independently, without on-site supervision and often in remote and/or rural locations this post will suit autonomous self-starters looking to make a difference in a unique working environment and location.
|Closing date||31 March 2014|
Support British Council’s global English strategy by:
- Delivering teacher development activities to the highest standards of ELT.
- Enhancing British Council’s reputation as a world authority in ELT.
- Continuing professional development and sharing of best practices.
- Ensuring teacher development activities meet the individual needs of national teachers.
- Ensuring teacher development activities meet ELTDP objectives.
- Maintaining good relationships with project stakeholders and colleagues.
- Supporting the ELTDP activities and British Council plans.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate high quality teacher development activities that meet the individual needs of national teachers (NTs), take account of individual circumstances and enhance the British Council's reputation as a world authority in ELT.
- Monitor progress and give regular feedback that helps to support NTs' performance throughout the project and actively promote continuous professional development.
- Work with school and district level management (Head Teachers, Heads of department, Senior Teachers, local Education officers) to ensure that professional development activities build on existing structures and systems.
- Complete all project related administrative tasks to specified standards.
- Participate in the professional development programme of the project and work collaboratively and professionally with colleagues. This will include participation in zone and cluster meetings.
- Ensure safeguarding and guidelines are applied and upheld in line with standards and policy including the following areas:
- Child protection
- Equal Opportunity and Diversity
- Health and safety
- IT and Data Protection
How to apply
Interested applicants should visit the following weblink for a role profile and British Council behaviors & teaching skills.
These posts have a rolling application deadline as we will accept applications until we have filled all of our posts.