IT and Online Support Manager
The post holder will provide IT and online support services that support the effective, efficient and successful running of the Pro-ELT project. The post holder must ensure that the IT and online support services and technical operations are in line with British Council corporate standards. Successful applicants will be based at the British Council Bangsar office, C-10-04, 10th Floor Wisma Goshen, Plaza Pantai, No. 5 off Jalan Pantai Baru 59200 Kuala Lumpur.
|Duration||Fixed Term (12-16 months)|
|Closing date||23 December 2013|
The post holder will be leading a team of project officers to deliver high quality online and IT support to 200 remote British Council staff across Malaysia and to 9000 Malaysian school teachers. The post holder is accountable for:
- Set up a database for 9000 participants using MS Access. Oversee the registration of 9000 participants into an online Database (MS Access) and onto a Moodle platform.
- Set up, induct and manage a customer services IT support team to support both external and internal stakeholders including Malaysian teachers and British Council project staff located across Malaysia.
- Oversee the effective delivery of the online component of the project.
- Manage the provision of IT Support services to all staff involved in the Pro-ELT project, including the set-up of and ongoing maintenance of IT and other technology.
- Be an active member of the middle management team and proactively find solutions to online and IT issues to improve project delivery and effectively support all staff and stakeholders.
- Lead and develop an IT and online support team to provide effective support services for a large remote team of international trainers, e-moderators, coordinators and senior trainers.
- First Degree in IT / business administration / Communication.
- Overseeing a shared business services environment including a mailbox for enquiries, problems and feedback.
- 3 years of IT technical support, inclusive of Network and Server administration, Moodle support and Database management.
- Leading and managing a team and individual staff.
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of IT systems, networks, online learning platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and language skills in both spoken and written English.
How to apply
Send your completed application form to us at email@example.com quoting ‘IT and Online Support Manager’ in the email subject line.