English for Education Systems Programmes Officer
To support the delivery of British Council English for Education (EES) projects and contribute to the EES team in building mutually beneficial relationships between people and organisations in the UK and Malaysia.
|Location||Wisma Selangor Dredging|
|Closing date||14 October 2014|
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
1. Work with EES colleagues in BC Malaysia as appropriate to implement EES activities and projects.
- To ensure all activities meet their objectives, are delivered on time and within budget.
- To collate feedback from external contacts, customers, partners and stakeholders which show enhanced perceptions of BC and the UK as a valued partner.
- To provide logistical support to the EES team so that they may fulfil their duties.
- To implement activities in line with corporate guidelines and standards, with Malaysian legislation or other external requirements.
- To accompany visitors on programmes as appropriate and represent BC at events and networking with external contacts as required.
- To liaise with UK and Malaysian partners over detailed arrangements for events and activities.
- To contribute thoughtfully to the planning of activities, being mindful of corporate strategies and objectives.
- To ensure projects (as required) meet their objectives, are delivered on time and within budget.
- To ensure some knowledge and awareness of our areas of work – English Language Teaching, education and schools – and take initiatives to build this awareness where necessary.
2. Support of budget management and fulfilment of FABS OS role.
- All transactions meet BC financial standards.
- To report to English Programmes Manager and Director EES on budgets on a monthly basis.
- To ensure that relationships with vendors are maintained and payments are processed on time and in accordance with FABS guidelines.
- To ensure that purchases and financial activity within FABS is in accordance with department planning.
- To complete detailed tracking off-line of financial activity.
3. Collate statistics for the Performance Scorecard and present to the relevant Regional Lead.
- Review the previous month's activities for EES, Education & Society and Arts by the end of the first week of the following month and compile the relevant statistics for the scorecard.
- Report these statistics online and offline (including reforecasting) to the regional lead.
4. To support the English Programmes Manager & Director EES in day to day administrative work.
- To ensure work is done to the satisfaction of the relevant manager.
5. Create and maintain an accurate database of all customers and contacts.
- To enter all new data within 24 hours of receiving it - 100% accuracy.
- To review content of all EES databases once a month and update as necessary.
How to apply
Send your completed application form to us at email@example.com quoting ‘English for Education Systems Programmes Officer' in the email subject line.