Academic Coordinator, Malaysia
- To promote and ensure quality teaching and effective learning.
- To support the wider aims of British Council and its cultural relations mission.
|Salary||MYR 8,634 to MYR 11,121 gross per month|
|Duration||2 years (renewable)|
|Working hours||38 hours per week|
|Annual leave||35 days|
|Closing date||29 October 2017|
The British Council in Kuala Lumpur is recruiting an Academic Coordinator Damansara to join our Teaching Centre in November 2017.This is an excellent career development opportunity for a teacher to broaden his or her academic and professional skills.
The post holder should have at least four years’ teaching experience (post-CELTA) and hold a TEFL-Q qualification (DELTA, DipTESOL or equivalent). Experience in managing teachers’ performance would be desirable (though not essential) for this post.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- has experience in Young Learner teaching and Young Learner course and material design
- invests in learning about our learners and ensuring learners have a sense of progress within every lesson.
- communicates subject knowledge of concepts, skills and language systems effectively and in ways appropriate to the learners and type of course being delivered.
- prepares courses and individual lessons that fully meet course objectives, employ appropriate methodology and meet learners’ needs.
- plans, controls and facilitates interaction in the classroom that is appropriate to the classroom activity and which takes into account the different needs, abilities, cultures and genders of the learners.
- employs evaluation and assessment tools at various stages in the learning process.
- evaluates learners’ needs suggesting appropriate materials and strategies to help learners achieve their negotiated objectives and become more independent in their learning and to help learners adjust their learning styles and strategies in order to become more effective in their learning.
- is customer focussed and dedicates attention to our customers’ experience whilst studying with us.
- communicates well with parents
Enquiries about the post can be sent to the East Asia Regional Teacher Recruitment team based in Singapore.