- To promote and ensure quality teaching and effective learning of English.
- To support the wider aims of British Council and its cultural relations mission.
|Location||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Salary||MYR 8,634 (Point 1) to MYR 11,121 (Point 10) gross per month depending on qualifications and experience|
|Duration||2 years contract (renewable)|
|Working hours||Up to 18 contact teaching hours per week|
|Annual leave||35 days plus public holidays|
|Closing date||26 March 2019|
We are looking for an Adults Coordinator to join our Teaching Centre in July 2019.This is an excellent career development opportunity for a teacher to broaden his or her academic and professional skills.
The post holder should have at least two years teaching experience (post-CELTA) and hold a TEFL-Q qualification (DELTA, DipTESOL or equivalent). Familiarity with timetabling and planning would be desirable (though not essential) for this post as well as experience in managing teachers’ performance.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- has experience in Adult teaching and Adult course and material design
- invests in learning about our learners and ensuring learners have a sense of progress within every lesson.
- communicates subject knowledge of concepts, skills and language systems effectively and in ways appropriate to the learners and type of course being delivered.
- prepares courses and individual lessons that fully meet course objectives, employ appropriate methodology and meet learners’ needs.
- plans, controls and facilitates interaction in the classroom that is appropriate to the classroom activity and which takes into account the different needs, abilities, cultures and genders of the learners.
- employs evaluation and assessment tools at various stages in the learning process.
- evaluates learners’ needs suggesting appropriate materials and strategies to help learners achieve their negotiated objectives and become more independent in their learning and to help learners adjust their learning styles and strategies in order to become more effective in their learning.
- is customer focussed and dedicates attention to our customers’ experience whilst studying with us.
- communicates well with students